Newcastle United official announcement – Fabian Schar agrees new deal to extend SJP stay | OneFootball

Newcastle United official announcement – Fabian Schar agrees new deal to extend SJP stay | OneFootball

Icon: The Mag

The Mag

·3 April 2025

Newcastle United official announcement – Fabian Schar agrees new deal to extend SJP stay

Gambar artikel:Newcastle United official announcement – Fabian Schar agrees new deal to extend SJP stay

Fabian Schar has agreed a new Newcastle United deal.

The club with an official announcement (see below) on Thursday afternoon.


Video OneFootball


Fabian Schar helped United to a very valuable three points last night against Brentford, plus of course a key player as Newcastle won the Carabao Cup.

The current Fabian Schar contract was due to run out on 30 June this year, however, that is now extended to 30 June 2025.

Newcastle United official announcement – 3 April 2025:

‘Newcastle United defender Fabian Schär has extended his contract at St. James’ Park until the end of the 2025/26 season.

The 33-year-old is one of the first team squad’s longest-serving current players having joined from Spanish side Deportivo La Coruña in July 2018.

Known for his exceptional passing range as much as his defending, the Swiss centre back has made 221 competitive appearances for the Magpies, scoring on 19 occasions.

His goals include a number of eye-catching long-range strikes over the years, including a sensational goal in Newcastle United’s 4-1 win over Paris St. Germain in the Champions League in October 2023.

Fabian was also a key member of the squad that lifted this season’s Carabao Cup, scoring twice and providing an assist on the road to Wembley before playing the full 90 minutes in the cup final.

Fabian said: “I’m buzzing to extend my stay here. It’s been a very good few weeks for everybody at Newcastle United after winning the Carabao Cup and I’m really happy now to sign another contract with this amazing club.

“It’s my seventh season here and everybody knows how happy I am at the club and how comfortable I feel in the city, so I’m really glad to be continuing that.

“Now it’s about looking forward and finishing the season as strong as possible.”

Newcastle United head coach, Eddie Howe, said: “Fabian has been outstanding in my time at the club. As well as his performances on the pitch, he has shown a fantastic attitude in the group.

“He has been the heartbeat of the club’s season so far, and he’ll continue to be a key player for us as we strive to finish as high in the table as possible.”

Paul Mitchell, the club’s sporting director, said: “We are pleased to extend Fabian’s contract.

“He has played a significant role in the club’s growth in recent years and continues to have an important role to play on and off the pitch.

Lihat jejak penerbit